So, I have recently discovered my facination with all things blog... I read my friends blogs, I read their friends blogs, and so on and so forth. So, in order for me not to look like some blog stalker, I figured it was time for me to step up and blog so others can reciprocate what I have henceforth done.
So to start this blog, we will recap the last few months and fast forward to this week... Over the last few months I have been starting my chiropractic practice, and had a revelation. Doctors are broke! And I don't mean a little broke, I mean the kind of broke that you hear about while sitting in some coffee shop somewhere and think to yourself, "Thank God that is not ME!" Well guess what, it is me! And that is not to say that my practice is not doing well, on the contrary, it is growing exponentially, however when you are facing the kind of student loan debt any medically oriented student is, well lets just say that it takes big dollar signs to make you think about being able to one day afford the kind of life the rest of the world thinks that Doctors live... there are no, lambos, mansions, or 5 carat diamonds laying round this Doctor's place...
Anyway, I should probably mention at this time that my practice is primarily equine chiropractic. Yes, that's right. I provide chiropractic services for horses. I do still treat people, and I would like to think that I am pretty good at it, however, my passion is the horses. I guess somethings never change. :) With that in mind, this week I was on a business trip to Oklahoma to treat some horses for a trainer, and I must say, it went very well... to top it off, Craig took 2 days off from work to go with me. Im sure it was kind of boring for him, but I enjoyed the company on the long ride there and back. Although he did tease me mercilessly about my inability to trust the GPS.
Speaking of the GPS: is it so wierd that I sometimes think the GPS is wrong?... lets take this week for example. On the drive up to this ranch, I followed the directions given by my client and arrived straight there with no problems. I, however, had the GPS on and pretty much berrated it the whole trip for what I percieved as "stupid directions" because though it was on, whenever it told me to do something that was not written on my little peice of paper with my phone directions from the client, I ignored it. Of course, then we had to listen to it say " RECALCULATING" about 1000 times in that voice that you know that if it was a real person with facial expression, you would see that condescending " you are an idiot" look that would just piss you off... *sigh* Needless to say the GPS and I do NOT get along. So, on the way back Craig convinced me to try the GPS without comment and let it take us home. So... though we took 35 all the way to OKC and then 44 to Tulsa, quick and simple on the way up, and got there in 4 hours.. I decided to give it a try. And somehow passed through every podunk, hillbilly town in Ok...with nothing of interest anywhere.... no cell service, no major freeways and ended up in Sherman, TX and then had to drive forever west to get to Denton, and took 4 hrs, 45 min. to get home.... but the GPS is right....
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Blog Revolution
Posted by Dr. G at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment